Sunday, June 24, 2012

Guess the Ingredient

These are chocolate cupcakes! With chocolate frosting. But within these cupcakes lurkes a secret ingedient. No. No. No, people. It's not a green smokable plant. It's a vegetable. Yes, you read that right... a vegetable.

While you're thinking it over I'll tell you about my weekend!! :)


These are Clif Bars and Good'n Natural bars that I received from my friend! I was like a kid in a freaking candy store. Except she gifted them to me in a plastic bag so it was more like an adult with her head buried in a shopping bag. But OH MY GOSH I am so excited. There are so many flavors I haven't tried yet. And I have never even heard of the Good'n Natural bars. What I love about those is that they do have sugar but not nearly as much as most bars. YUMMMMMY I can't wait to get started working my way through them all.


This is the Turtle Habitat that my husband has been working on. He has worked his butt off and these hot as hell Texas temps haven't held him back. He wants to add in some bushes and plants to give plenty of shade and hiding spots for the turtles. 


This was my science experiment for biology. You mix iodine and water into a bowl and then you mix starch and water into a plastic bag. You put the bag into the iodine water and after a few minutes that starch water starts turning purple. If you leave it in for like 12 hours or more the bag turns super purple and the iodine water almost turns clear. Iodine molecues are small enough to penetrate the plastic bag but the starch molecules are too big so basically the iodine invades the plastic bag and attaches to the starch. Pretty cool if you ask me!! :) 


If you can't tell, that is big ball of cauliflower. And... the secret ingredient!! Not all of it just 200g .. which is about 2 cups. The rest of the cauiflower has been going to good use in cauliflower burritos. Which sounds weird but the texture is great for tacos or burritos... we'll call them wraps. Wonderful yummy spicy wraps!! ;p





Now time to get ready for bed so I can get up early for some BODY COMBAT!!!! 

1 comment: