Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Her Honesty

“Someone walking down the street overweight, is overweight for a reason. They eat too much. It’s really rather simple. (And yes, I’m talking about the majority of people - I know some people have thyroid issues, and take certain medications that influence their weight. But facts are facts. The majority of people are overweight (myself included) because they eat too, damn, much.)”
 

That was from a blog post I read this morning. I love this girl’s blog. We have a lot in common. Well except she lives a fabulous life. Well not movie star style but she travels the world and dresses really cute and has great hair. But she also has issues with weight loss and overeating.

Anyway her post changed my post.

I was going to tell you how good and healthy my dinner was last night. A sun dried tomato flavored wrap with Yves veggie crumbles, lettuce, corn, toffuti sour cream, avocado, and salsa. I even took a picture.
What I wasn’t going to tell you was that I ate TWO of them.
I go into the kitchen to make my 2nd wrap and my husband is there and this happens…
Me: Umm yea I think I will eat another one because it was really good and I-
Turner: Just eat it. Don’t try to make an excuse for why you’re eating it.

Ouch. Brutal.

But he’s right. Why am I making excuses? I know I didn’t need it I just wanted it.
I should’ve thrown in the towel.
Why is it SO hard to just be done and not go back for seconds? It’s such a simple concept.

I often don’t buy tortillas and bread because I know that they are too easy to eat. They make it easy to snack on. I’m a carb lover and I don’t mean carbs as in fruit and veggies, I mean bread, muffins, cookies… junk food.
I feel like I should be able to stop and not eat these things and not have any problem. I mean after all that’s what my husband does. When he’s full he just stops. He doesn’t try to finish his plate or go after dessert. Nope. When he’s done he’s done. Why can’t I just be done like that!?

I don’t have an answer.

I’m just venting.

That is all.








2 comments:

  1. I have to disagree with her. I know a lot of overweight people who have poor diet in general. They don't eat enough but when they do it's junk. Also, lack of physical activity :)Just my 2 cents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. But the general rule is to lose weight your calories in have to be less than your calories out. To gain weight your calories in have to be higher than calories out. Unless there is a metabolic issue that exempts them from this rule. I think thats what she meant by "they eat too much" .. not that they stuff their faces all day but just that their calories in are higher than their calories out.

      Delete