Monday, September 24, 2012

My Old Friend, Runner's High


I used to enjoy running. I used to clock 3-5 miles about 4 days a week and every Sunday I would run 12 or 15 miles. I really liked it… plus it was good for shaping my booty.

But I guess I was doing it all wrong because I would always end up with an injury.

So I gave it up.

I found other things to do.

Like the Precor 100i machine.

That thing rocks and does a good job at booty shaping too.

I also get an amazing burn.

But I kind of started getting a little tired of it.

The very thought of hopping for an hour on that thing made me lose my motivation.

Yesterday was one of those days.

I had been on it for 30 minutes and I was bored out of my mind.

So

I said what the heck!

And I went and jumped on the tread mill.

I jogged a good 3 miles.

It took me 28 minutes but at least I was able to do it.

I didn’t think that was even possible after having given up on it for so long.

It was so nice.

I still have a spot in my heart for the runner’s high.

And the best part

Today I am FEELING it.

Ouch!

In a good way though.

A way that says “yep those muscles have certainly been ignored”

I LOVE IT

I feel giddy like I’ve just hit it off with a hot guy my husband.

Maybe this time it will work out.

Maybe this time I can avoid an injury.

We’ll see.

I had a really great weekend.

Well kind of.

Saturday afternoon I felt icky.

Stomach ache.

BUT

Saturday morning was fun!

I had lunch with my two best friends.

We were celebrating one of them getting married!

And the night before the other got engaged so we kind of celebrated that too.

J

I’m so freaking happy for both of them!

Okay.

I gotta study for this Microecon Theory test ßsounds fun, right?

 

Cheers!

 

1 comment:

  1. Nice! It does feel good to get back to working out. You should continue your runs outdoors instead of doing it on the treadmill. That way, you won’t get bored. Running outdoors gives you fresh air. Why not invite your friends to jog with you in the morning? That would make the exercise a lot easier!

    ReplyDelete