Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Second Day Tofu

This is last night's dinner.
 
Tofu and mixed veggie skillet.
 
The package of extra firm tofu was marinated over night in
1/2 water
1 packet of flavor boost vegetable broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp all purpose seasoning
1/2 tablespoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste
 
The first day I baked it at 350 for 30 minutes. The texture was kind of mushy. I can't "do" that. So I didn't finish it all.
The second night (last night) I decided I would put the remaining tofu in the skillet with the veggies.
The texture was a lot firmer.
I LOVED it!
It was like the most amazing thing ever :)
 
So I'm not sure if it helped letting it dry out over night to the next OR if preparing it in the skillet is what helped it firm up BUT  the next time I make tofu I will for sure try the skillet first.
I just cant eat it when it's mushy and spongy.
 
I have class tonight.
Yuck!
We get out SOOOOOO late.
O well... no use in complaining.
 
 
Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. Yum!!! That tofu sounds delish. And btw, I just saw your post about candy corn Oreos. Holy crap. I NEED THOSE. I'll be looking for those, like, tonight.

    ReplyDelete