Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Walking the Walk

I read a quote book that has a quote for each day. I read one recently that stated the old cliche "Stop talking the talk and start walking the walk"- I needed to read that.

I really needed to read that.

I'm always like "yea I'm gonna do this or do that"
"tomorrow, yea, tomorrow"

Well it's about freaking time I stop talking and start doing.

Yesterday I was so close to skipping the gym
But with the quote still replaying over and over in my mind I went to the gym thinking... time to walk the walk.

Today will be the same thing.
I have to choose to walk the walk.
Of course there are a million excuses I could come up with
-I have to cook dinner
-I have to wash my hair
-I need to go Christmas shopping
-I need to get Dad's birthday present
-etc

But excuses aren't going to make me look good naked.
Excuses aren't going to keep me fit
Excuses aren't going to keep me healthy
The gym will (and a healthy diet)

Sometimes I say this to myself "Stop thinking about it and just do it."
That usually pumps me up.
In the mean time I need to
A. figure out how I want to prepare my asparagus (bake it?)
B. figure out how to make sweet potato butter (thanks Oprah)
C. try to find some new workout music

I am certainly open to suggestions.

Cheers!!



Oh and my workout tonight?? Speed work maybe. I'm trying to get back into running shape. This may sound weird, or not, but I feel like it is a really great ab workout and helps me keep my belly slim. 30 second sprints with 60 second recovery for.... 4 miles... maybe 5. We'll see. Thats my plan.


2 comments:

  1. I can help you with part of your needs. Here's a great recipe for sweet potato butter that I've made before: http://peacebypastries.blogspot.com/2009/01/tester-chili-and-sweet-potato-butter.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS!! I can't wait to try it :) I loooove me some sweet potato.

      Delete